Monday, August 01, 2005

The Unleavened Imagination


By Ruchama King Feuerman
(This article originally appeared in The Jewish Week in February 2005. Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.)

In Wendy Shalit’s essay, “The Observant Reader,” which appeared in the New York Times Book Review, I was described, along with Risa Miller, as an insider’s insider – one who writes from the inside of Orthodox Judaism. Other writers were described as outsiders masquerading as insiders.

What is an insider? What is an outsider? This is a discussion which is complex and frustrating.

To read MORE click below:
  • More

  • To return to main index, click below:
  • Current Issues and Controversies

  • To return to archive index, click below:
  • From the Archives
  • 1 comment:

    Alan aka Avrum ben Avrum said...

    Dear Lisa,

    I come to your splendid blog for the first time via Ruchama Feuerman's Writing Project site to which I have submitted a piece. Now I should really credit PearliesofWisdom.blogspot.com for her post about Ruchama whom I subsequently contacted which led me to your site.

    It's a bit convoluted but that is more or less how I arrived here, and I must tell you that I am very impressed by the depth and breadth of this blog.

    I have tagged your site as one of my favorites and will be visiting regularly. Well, just thought to introduce myself.

    I am,

    Very Sincerely Yours,

    Alan D. Busch